Had some farmers market tomatoes that were developing spots. I hate wasting food and wanted to use up the tomatoes. I also had some peaches that were very ripe. I decided to try and use up the ingredients and make a salsa.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 large peaches
- 2 onions
- 2 peppers
- Cut the tomatoes in big chunks
- Cut the peaches in big chunks
- Half the onions
- Cut the peppers
- Preheat the grill (or broiler)
- Put the tomatoes & peaches on a bake tray with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle some salt over the tray
- Put the tray on the grill / broiler. I left the veggies on for 5 minutes, then flipped. After the 2nd 5 minutes I put the tomatoes directly on the grill to get them charred
- Simultaneously (if you have enough space) roast the peppers & the onion
- Once everything is cooked, chop all the things into small bits.
- Chop up the cilantro
- Mix all of the ingredients into a pot, taste and add salt if necessary
- Simmer the mixture for a few minutes so all of the flavors mingle
- Let cool and split into containers then refrigerate.