This is our second go around of homemade pasta. It was by far easier, more successful, and took half the time
Ingredients for pasta:
– 300g all purpose flour
– 2 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks + water until 185g
1. Mix the dough by hand until it’s in a ball. Knead the dough for 10-12 minutes.
2. Let it rest at room temp for 30-45minutes.
3. The cut dough ball into 4 parts, flatten them out then roll it out using the kitchen aid pasta attachment.
4. Roll each setting at least twice, until you get to 6 then run it only once.
5. Cut the dough sheet in half when it gets too long
Ingredients for filling:
– 1lb full fat Ricotta cheese
– 1 whole egg
– 3oz Parmigiano-Reggiano
– lemon zest
– garlic powder
– Mix all ingredients for the filling.
– Put them in a piping bag
Putting it all together:
– Squeeze out filling onto a sheet of dough in 2 rows (if wide enough)
– Use a bit of water the draw the borders around the ravioli squares
– Put a 2nd sheet of dough over the one with the filling
– Use your fingers to make individual squares / and adhere the top dough to the bottom dough
– Use bench scraper/knife to cut into individual squares
– If there are air bubbles, poke a hole with something sharp and push out the air the try to seal the whole using your fingers to press on the dough
Save your scrap dough, ball it up, flatten it and run it through the rollers. You can cut it into spaghetti /fettuccini